Saturday, July 23, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

We have closed the door on our baby girl. We could not put her through anymore time in foster care and we decided to withdraw our application for adoption. She will be going to her aunt. This was not an easy discussion. We talked about this with the GAL and he was in agreement. The court system would take another 4-6 months just to get her here on a temporary basis and then it wouldn't be a for sure thing. Foster care is not a good place for her and we felt like this was the best for her future. So the door to fostering in our home is officially shut. Bitter sweet.

We are getting settled in here in Texas finally. Lots of changes but most of them good. The only thing I miss about Florida is my family and the beach. The change was needed, but not a very comfortable transition I must say. Change never is easy but most of the time necessary. Things are not always what they seem. This seems to be a lesson I am learning at the present moment. One thing that is constant is God. He never changes. Think I will stick to pleasing him and not worry about anybody else. That should keep me busy.

We had all of my husbands family here for a few weeks and had a blast. 14 people under one roof and we didn't kill each other. His 86 year old grandma went tubing with us down a river. She is always ready to try anything. I love her.

That's about all that's going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment