Thursday, February 12, 2009

Story Day

I think that occasionally I am going to tell what I think is a funny story. Usually these will be about my family but someday when I get the permission of my best friend....I will have to tell you what she did in my van!!!

Today's story is about three of my great aunts, Willie Mae, Jane and Burdie. They all lived together and every evening after their dinner they went for an evening stroll in their neighborhood. This particular evening they were walking and as they passed by the nursing home at the end of their street they were approached by some of the workers. I believe I failed to mention that they had a tendency to walk in their house dresses. The nursing home workers believed these little old southern women to be escapees of said nursing home. They made them go inside with them and these poor old women had to call family members to explain that they had not escaped but in fact lived down the road. I can imagine my Aunt Jane had some colorful words for these people. You never knew what she was going to say......I must get that from her.

Another funny one is my mom eating a piece of peppermint candy and falling asleep with it in her mouth. When she woke up she couldn't find it and thought maybe she had swallowed it. Then later she went into her bathroom and looked in the mirror and it was stuck under her chin!!! What a nut!!! My mom ain't right.

1 comment: