Monday, February 23, 2009

We Can Explain!!


I am awake early this morning. It's only 7:30 and I have already colored.....I mean conditioned my hair and have had my first of many cups of coffee. I am going to hang out with my best friend Jacquita. ( fake name of course ) We have no definite plans and that usually makes for the best kind of day. I love her because I do not Feel like I have to act a certain way around her. She loves me as is. We have been close friends since she and I started visiting our now adopted children's birth mothers in prison. We both fostered through the same Christian ministry and the visit was part of the agreement with these prison mothers. A once a month visit to try and create a bond between them and their baby. Sometimes it worked but obviously .....thank God .....in our cases it did not. Both of these mothers had severe drug addictions and are still living that lifestyle. My daughter was born in June and hers in November. She was not planning to foster again through that ministry but the director of the program called me the day before Thanksgiving and asked me if I thought Jacquita and her husband would be interested because their was a baby girl that needed a home. I called Jacquita and asked her what she thought. She was not so sure about it...her husband said it was a no brainer. We have a home and she needs one. ( Men are dumb!!)

At that time I was the one that picked up the babies from the hospital and took them to their new foster family, so that is what I did on Thanks Giving day. I said I was just bringing the baby by to let her see her but that she didn't have to take her. I was certain enough that she would keep her that I packed all of my newborn things in the car the night before so that she would be repaired. I cannot imagine that little girl with anyone else. She acts just like Jacquita. So I always tell people that we are such close friends that I delivered her baby.

In future posts I will tell of the MANY spy trips we have been on and some of the things we have gotten ourselves in to. Some you won't believe. We act like immature 12 year old girls and our husbands think we are idiots. She is as close to me as my own sisters. I leave you with a picture of us. This was taken over the summer. Those are real handcuffs put on us by a real bail bondsman. Don't ask cause we aren't tellin!!! Did I mention she is a pastors wife? Yeah....it figures...I know!




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that you can say you delivered her baby!!!!!! That is soooo sweet! Isnt't it wonderful to have godly women as friends. I'm so blessed to have my friends in my life too. We have so much to be thankful for!
    And I love the pics. I won't ask about the cuffs. feel free to email me if you feel the need to get it off your chest though!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete