Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Tied One On

A feed bag that is. I made fettuccine alfredo tonight with killer bread and cupcakes for dessert. I am now feeling the need to lay prostrate before the lord and repent for my wicked ways. But I do believe that would mean I would have to lay on my stomach and folks.....that ain't gonna happen soon.

J and I made the cupcakes together. She was so proud of her accomplishment. C was gone with her fiance tonight so we were missing one at our Valentine dinner at home. We did all go out last night together for one last Valentine dinner as a family before she is married. I have cried for two days now. I hope I stop soon. I've never felt this alone before. No one to really talk to about how I am feeling. I'm happy and heartbroken at the same time. I am not a person that looks forward to the day my house is empty. I love doing things for other people and really don't care to have too much me time. I love serving my family....it's what I believe moms are about. Not to be slaves but to show them how to give of yourself and put each other before yourself. I see how gracious God is when I see how my children are turning out and I know how many times God covered up my parenting mistakes with his mercy and grace. I cannot comprehend how God can love me even more than I love my own children. But then again he is a really big God.If you ever wonder how can God hear us all. Go into the kitchen and see how much water you can hold in the palm of your hand....then just think that God measured all of the water on the whole earth in the palm of his hand. That is a mighty big hand and tonight I am holding on tight to it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sorry you are feeling down and hope that getting out into cyber space will help...maybe you should make some more of that yummy sounding comfort food...your post made me hungry for pasta and bread, which isnt hard to do since I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete