Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Still Waiting

We are headed back to Florida this coming Sunday. May 3rd is the day the judge decides between our family and the aunt ( in law once removed). I am hoping that he chooses us but not expecting it. The grandmother of the babies half sibling tells me I need to speak it. That there is power in the word and that I need to claim that I am that babies mother. What I believe is that I trust in Gods hand on my life and the life of that baby. I am asking him to have his way in this and that he help me be happy even if his way doesn't match my desire to be her mom. I am ready for this to be over. We are becoming licensed for foster/adoption here in the state of Texas. It is very different from my experience in Florida. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad one. I've said a million times that I will never foster again. I guess when it comes down to it this is my ministry. It's what God has placed in my heart to do and though it is not always fun, it is always rewarding to feel like I am doing what I've been called to do. I am going to try not to complain so much while I'm doing it this time. The children are not the problem, it's the system that causes most of the complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment