Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

This morning I am up way too early because of my monthly GAL visit for the baby boy. This doesn't sound too bad now does it. Well let me tell you the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say. They are suppose to come once a month to check on him and see if there are any services we need. The last visit was when he was 6 WEEKS OLD. He is now 6 MONTHS OLD. Of course it is an emergency that she come ASAP. No wonder they lose children in this system. No one seems to know what they are doing. We began our RE- licensing process in July.....we were told it would be about 6 weeks because all they needed to do was a few forms and our fingerprints to open our home again. It has been 6 months and no license. Why you ask ....well let me tell you. All because of 1 persons fingerprints. My oldest daughters keeps coming back rejected. Not because she has done something but because their machine has issues and most of the Florida agency's that use this fingerprinting vendor have been on hold. I was told there are 8 families waiting to get their license and cannot until this is straightened out. My daughter has been to that office, which is across town 3 times to redo these stupid things. She moves out in March. I wonder if they are just waiting on that to happen. Even the foster parent liaison says they should just go by the background search from Florida because she has lived here her whole life if there was anything wrong it would show on that one. But of course that cannot happen. We have had baby boy through non relative placement. We have never received any income for any of the babies we have fostered because we did it through a private fostering ministry. This was going to be our first placement with the state. So far.........I am not impressed. Trust me we did not decide to foster through the state for the money. Less that a dollar an hour? We just thought it would help pay for all of the stuff I buy for babies when they are in my care. ( I spoil them rotten ...they deserve it!!)

Baby boy leaves in 2 weeks to live with his grandma permanently. That's not going to be easy, but it is best for him I know. I am ready for a break. I'll be working on my daughters flowers for her wedding. This will help me not think about it so much. Instead I will be crying for a different reason.

I must leave you now ..... the coffee pot is calling my name!.......Coming Honey!

1 comment:

  1. what a mess. Leave it to the state to mess things up, huh? Hope it all works out soon!!

    ReplyDelete