Monday, January 19, 2009

It's Not Going To Get Any Easier!

Yesterday was crazy. I had a beautiful, peaceful morning getting ready by myself for Church. Boy was that weird! On my way to church aunt Lissa, the one that kept my 4 year old this weekend, called and said J is sick and had thrown up. I asked if she had a fever and she said no. Then I asked the million dollar question ..... what has she eaten today. The answer was, she had some coke for breakfast. she wouldn't eat. Then I got her chicken nuggets, fries and coke for lunch. She ate some fries and drank some coke and then got sick. Hello!!! Of course she got sick ... wouldn't you?

Then we picked up baby boy. He was with his grandparents for the weekend. He is our foster son and is 5 months old. I informed his grandmother that J was throwing up and didn't know if she would want the baby around her. Apparently this was not a problem because she said they would meet me somewhere with him. When they dropped him off I asked how things went and she said he was good but it was hard. I wanted to tell her it was not going to get any easier. She wants to take him but is waiting for the right time. There isn't going to be one. The older he gets the harder it will be. He is beginning to recognize me and wants me to take him when I am in the room. I am frustrated because they don't communicate with us about their plans. Oh well I should be use to this by now. I have been doing this on and off for 9 years now. It never goes as planned. If it were up to me he would stay till he got married but no one is asking me.

I keep reading all of these posts of people that live up north and are tired of the snow. I live in Florida and for our vacation we are going to where hopefully the snow is. We don't really have seasons down here so I am jealous of the pictures I see of fall leaves and snow falling. All we have is palm trees. I have lived here my entire life. I would love to know what it is like to live where there is real changes in seasons. Oh well maybe someday! Today I am in my PJ's all day and am going to tackle the mountains of laundry...........yippie Skippie!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope J is feeling better. I am trying to tackle laundry too today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless ya girl. I don't know how you can do it. God gave you something special to be able to love and let go.

    ReplyDelete