Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Over Night Stay

Well baby boy is going to grandma's tonight for the first time. I am not nervous at all about how he will be treated. They love him and are a great family. It is hard knowing that soon he will be gone from my house. I love him like my own baby. I have to keep reminding myself that this is not about me....never has been....never will be. I hate it when people ( mostly at church ) say " I could never do that. I just would love them too much to give them back. I try to live my life by the word of God. Some days I'm a success. Some days I'm a failure. I have not read anywhere in the bible where it says to only serve God when it is comfortable. We are not exempt from being hurt. I have had my heart ripped out by fostering ( thanks to a friend that got me started in this ....you know who you are!!!) but I have also felt the healing hand of God rest on my life and my family after a child leaves. It is strange how I can find peace in the midst of complete chaos. Now that has to be God!!

We are not taking any new placements until after the wedding and our 2 week vacation. Let me say that again.....2 week vacation. Oh I love the sound of that. We are leaving a week after the wedding. Hopefully I will not cry the entire trip. We'll see!! I am always excited to see who we will have the privilege to take care of. OK I am a little ( more like a lot!! ) scared as well. I have always had newborns. I don't know how I would do with older children.

Well for now we are going to enjoy a baby free night. Just the girls and I. I think a fire in the fireplace and something good to eat, while watching American Idol tryouts. Those people are nuts!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can already tell that we have a LOT in common!! I might just have a new cyber sista here!!!!! Enjoy your night with the girls!!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete