Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gotta Get it Right!

Yesterday my 4 year old and I went for a walk and to the park. As we were sitting on the swings I began to talk to her about adoption, of course at a level she can understand. To me it is very important for her to know this from a very early age and not have a bombshell dropped on her when she is older. I had a friend who was adopted and her parents did not tell her, She found out on her own when she was 16. It was a very bad time in her life. She did not know what other things her parents had lied about, She did not believe anything they told her for a long time after that.

I love J so much. I forget that I did not give birth to her sometimes. I told her the story of how her aunt and I went in the middle of the night to the hospital to pick her up. I said J if there had been thousands of babies and the nurse told me I could pick one to be my girl, do you know who I would have picked? She of course yells ME!!!!! I want her to know how much she means to me and that she is loved no different than any of my other daughters. Lets just hope she doesn't wind up spoiled rotten in the process!!

My husband just graduated from college in October, better late than never hu? I must brag on him. He graduated with a 4.0 GPA. This was not easy with a demanding job and wife plus 4 kids. He did this to advance in the company he has been at since he was 20 years old. This week he was offered an engineers position and I think he is going to accept it. It will have travel, which means FREQUENT FLIER MILES! That means I will be flying to see my girl when she moves to Kansas City.

It ain't gone be pretty y'all when that girl leaves. I am determined to not give in to the desire to stay in bed for weeks at a time. My kids are my world. All I could think about the other morning ....at 4 am was, how is my tiny 20 year old baby going to be able to drive in the snow. We live down in the land of Mickey Mouse and she has never driven in snow. Then I started to think , will they remember to lock their door at night? I'm and idiot!!!!

Today's plans are to practice fixing C's hair for the wedding. I WILL NOT CRY.....I WILL NOT CRY!!! This weekend I am working on the flowers. A long post will follow that experience!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment